2007 just seemed to evaporate. I can't believe it's already time to make resolutions, but a list is just what I need.
I have had complete creative block, and produced nothing in the last year. I design metal furniture and was starting to do really well,...and then the well went dry.So,
1. I will complete 10 sketches of a collection in January.
2. I will weld all 10 pieces by March.
3. I will photograph and price every piece as I produce it.
4. I will post each photo to my blog as it is produced.
5. I will complete a portfolio of my work by April 6. I will research entering the wholesale market this summer.
7. I will sell all 10 items by the end of the year.
8-13. And while I am accomplishing these things I will also be doing more cardio, eating more fruits and vegetables, painting my dining room for the 7th time in 6 years, reading more, writing more and laughing often with my friends and family.
Thanks for the nudge, Holly, it is obviously time to get busy!
Today is January 1, 2008; the first day of the rest of the year, and my life, as they say. I think I will add a few more things to my list:
14. I want to be fully present when I am talking to someone. I want to look people in the eye, watch their expressions and really hear what they are saying.
15. I want to give the people I love great big hugs, often.
16. I want to tell my children what I believe and what I want from them, without any expectations that they will comply. I just think they should know how I feel, even if my choices are not what they think is right for them.
17. I will do more things this year that make me nervous. 18. I will wear more pretty dresses and high heels, more often--maybe even to do housework, 1950's style.
19. I will learn to cook this year.
20. I will look for joy everyday.
May 2008 bring us all health, wealth and happiness.
...and now in an effort to begin practicing the things on my list, I will go make Emeril's blackeyed peas and call my mother for her cabbage recipe. Then, I will put on a dress and maybe high heels, so that when my husband comes home he will think I look pretty reading my new books.
I think that touches on #'s 9,11,13,14,17,18 and 20.